Captain Ronald C. Maxey, Jr., Safety Officer (Division Commander)
Virginia Motor Vehicle Safety Inspection Program
The Required Official Inspection Procedure, as approved by the Virginia State Police Superintendent, is as follows:
REQUIRED OFFICIAL INSPECTION PROCEDURE
Each inspection consists of the following items – for further details consult the “Official Annual Motor Vehicle Inspection Manual“:
1. – REMOVE OLD INSPECTION STICKER.
2. – DRIVE VEHICLE INTO INSPECTION LANE.
3. – INSPECT BRAKES FOR:
- Worn, damaged or missing parts.
- Worn, contaminated or defective linings or drums.
- Leakage in system and proper fluid level.
- Worn, contaminated or defective disc pads or disc rotors.
4. – INSPECT PARKING BRAKE FOR:
- Broken or missing parts.
- Proper adjustment.
- Standard factory equipment or equivalent.
5. – INSPECT HEADLIGHTS FOR:
- Approved type, aim and output.
- Condition of lamps,